This page provides an overview of the aims and priorities of the Disability Action Alliance (DAA). it also outlines what activities can be undertaken under the umbrella of the DAA.
THIS PAGE IS NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!
Alliance Mission Statement
The Disability Action Alliance is a cross sector network of organisations committed to making a difference to the lives of disabled people.
We achieve that by:
- Creating partnerships between disabled people’s organisations with organisations from the public, private and civil society sectors.
- Identifying issues at a local, regional and national level, and working together to design and deliver innovative solutions.
- Identifying, promoting and celebrating good practice.
Disability Action Alliance will:
- Keep the interests of disabled people and the aims of their organisations at its heart.
- Use the knowledge and experience of members to identify and share good practice.
- Develop evidence based solutions.
- Be transparent.
- Communicate clearly, inclusively and remain accessible.
- Give particular attention to the interests of disabled people who are also members of other disadvantaged or underrepresented groups.
Alliance Strategic Plan 2016-18
About 100 members fed into the DAA Strategic Plan 2016-18, through surveys and an event – and it spells out our vision and how we plan to achieve it, through enabling people to take action and share good practice; and through leading on a headline theme. Further information is below and the full details are available on the DAA website (include link). This is a core document for the DAA – and a strategy that belongs to you, members of the DAA, so please do get in touch at DAA@disablityrightsuk.org if you have any comments you wish to make on it.
The Steering Group has agreed that the vision for the DAA will be Successful cross-sector partnerships that deliver greater inclusion for disabled people and that the mission will be Enabling communities of practice at all levels and across all sectors to work together to take action.
We will enable collaborations between members on any topic that supports inclusion of disabled people. In addition we have agreed a headline theme, which the Steering Group will pursue: Disabled People’s Leadership in Public Life. The precise work programme on this theme is being scoped and further information will appear on the website soon.
Members of the Disability Action Alliance will:
- Support the Alliance mission and values and put them into practice.
- Protect the integrity of the Alliance.
- Ensure disabled people are at the heart of identifying ways to overcome barriers.
- Actively engage with other Alliance members and share learning.
- Not campaign or lobby in the name of the Alliance.
- Respect the views of other members.