Please see the article below courtesy of Manchester’s Valuing Older People forum:
Greater Manchester is inviting expressions of interest from community and voluntary sector organisations interested in leading work to tackle the social isolation of older people. Submitted application forms must be submitted by 5pm, Friday 4 October 2013.
Greater Manchester is a vibrant, diverse and exciting place to live. This in part results from the knowledge, skills, social networks, and economic contribution of our older people.
Unfortunately, for too many people social isolation represents a real problem, with a greater impact upon their health than alcohol or smoking misuse. The risk of social isolation is acute in GM as our older people are more likely to live in areas of high deprivation and experience poor health. Changes to society, our town centres, our public services and transport networks worsen these problems for all older people.
Greater Manchester local authorities are seeking a community and voluntary organisation to lead a bid to the Big Lottery Fund for a large amount of funding (over £6 million – to be confirmed). The successful organisation will lead a partnership tackling the social isolation of older people in Greater Manchester over the next 3-6 years. The organisation will submit a Partnership Development Funding Form to the Big Lottery Fund on 8 November. This includes the opportunity to draw down up to £20,000 to support the development of the partnership from January 2014, and if successful to request an additional potential £50,000 from April 2014.
Greater Manchester is extremely excited about this opportunity, which has the full support of political leaders and partner organisations. We are looking for ambitious approaches which put older people at the heart of the work, deliver innovative and evidence based approaches and lead to sustainable long term change.
We are therefore looking for a lead community and voluntary sector organisation which will be responsible for;
- Providing leadership to and co-ordinating a wide partnership.
- Mobilising, consulting and communicating with the stakeholders (including older people).
- Developing our vision and strategy.
- Managing the distribution of funding to partners involved in project delivery.
- Overall legal responsibility for managing the grant in accordance with the Big Lottery Fund terms and conditions. This includes commissioning and supporting a broad range of local organisations to deliver against the objectives of the project.
- Working with an external evaluator to agree appropriate monitoring.
If your organisation would be interested in this role and wish to request an application pack please contact Andrew Burridge, GM Integrated Support Team, at email@example.com or by phone on 0161 234 3284