This page is the Volunteering Charter. It also includes downloadable versions of the charter, pledge sheets and the list of organisations that have already pledged to the charter. (Including links to their websites where known.)
Volunteering Matters Volunteering Charter Vision
A society in which the contribution of disabled people as volunteers is valued and volunteering opportunities are widely available on an equal and accessible basis.
To increase the number, value and accessibility of opportunities for disabled people to volunteer their time, skills and experience.
As an organisation we will:
- Provide opportunities for disabled people to volunteer
- Promote the value of volunteering to disabled people as a positive experience
- Set out and agree a structure for each volunteering opportunity
- Provide a named point of contact
- Provide appropriate support, make reasonable adjustments and reimburse reasonable costs
- Undertake regular reviews to support personal development
- Provide a reference wherever appropriate.
In return we expect our volunteers to:
- Embrace the values of our organisation
- Be responsible and professional
- Provide a full commitment
- Be open about what they want from the volunteering role and their support needs
How to Join
You then need to email us your completed pledge sheet, a copy of your organisations logo (in jpeg format) and details of the steps you intend to take to meet the charter. We will then add you to the list of pledgers and send you a document that you can use on your website if you wish to show that you have signed up.
Organisations that have pledged
The organisations below have all pledged to the Volunteering Charter. In pledging they have set out the steps that they will take towards supporting it.
Brighton and Hove Independent Visiting Service
This page was last updated on 11/04/2016. (If you have yet to send us your Pledge Sheet, logo, website link or other relevant information please do so. Thank you.)
Disclaimer – DAA are not vouching for the information provided or for the quality of data presented.