The Tennis Foundation today revealed its new look and feel, as well as launching a brand new website. As Great Britain’s leading tennis charity, the Tennis Foundation provides people from any community the opportunity to play tennis.
The Tennis Foundation has re-launched its brand in order to reflect its core values more closely and to take further advantage of the opportunities to promote all of the fantastic ways tennis can be adapted to suit any audience. Many of the Foundation’s key focuses reflect those identified in the recent Active Lives Sports Strategy from the Government, which includes young people, disabled people, black and ethnic minorities and those in lower socio-economic communities.
The charity has already created some very successful programmes in education, for disabled people and for disadvantaged communities but the ambition is to expand these even further in order to positively impact a greater number of people across Britain.
Since being set up by the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) in 1987, the Tennis Foundation has always worked closely alongside the LTA and funds a number of charitable objectives which encourage and enable more people to enjoy all the health and social benefits that come with playing tennis.
Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson, Trustee of the Tennis Foundation, said: “Seeing the impact that sport, and particularly tennis, can have on individuals both on and off the court is remarkable and I’m proud to support the Tennis Foundation in their efforts to reach even more people and engage them in one of their brilliant programmes.”
Gordon Reid, world No.5 wheelchair tennis player and multiple Grand Slam champion, said: “Tennis is a sport that anyone can play and that can be played anywhere. It’s a sport that can be adapted to suit all levels of ability, as well as for players with different disabilities. Whatever broader potential someone has inside them, tennis can help bring it out and I would encourage anyone to get involved with the Tennis Foundation and see what the sport can do in their life.”
Geoff Newton, Executive Director of the Tennis Foundation, said: “As a key partner in British tennis, the Tennis Foundation is always searching for new and exciting ways to take the sport to non-traditional audiences. Alongside our fantastic new brand, the new website will provide all of the information people need to get involved in one of our programmes either as a player or provider of tennis in their area.”
For more information please contact:
Tennis Foundation Communications
Notes to Editors:
- The Tennis Foundation is Great Britain’s leading tennis charity and our vision is to create a sport which is inclusive and accessible to all people and communities.
- We aim to bring the health and social benefits of tennis to our priority audiences of young people in education, disabled people and people in lower socio-economic communities.
- The Tennis Foundation is funded and supported by the Lawn Tennis Association, All England Lawn Tennis Club, Sport England and UK Sport, as well as many other partners.
- Our values are to be open, courageous, innovative and vibrant.
- Find out more on the new Tennis Foundation website: tennisfoundation.org.uk
- Follow the Tennis Foundation on social media:
YouTube: Tennis Foundation